Volunteer Positions Needed
The Gresham Japanese Garden, Tsuru Island, is located in Main City Park and is part of the Gresham-Ebetsu Sister City Association.
The Garden is operated and maintained by volunteers in the community. All projects, maintenance and programs are undertaken by the volunteers and donors that dedicate themselves to the Garden.
We are seeking approximately five individuals for a volunteer greeter position at Tsuru Island. One person to manage a shift from 2pm until dusk when the weather is pleasing. (There is no need to be onsite during inclement weather.)
The garden is a public place with no admission. Individuals and groups are present most every day. Guidelines for visitors are posted but sometimes visitors need to be reminded to stay on the path and adhere to the posted requests. The only duty expected is to greet the visitors and remind them of the rules if they are disobeyed.
- Knowledge of Word.
- 2-4 hours per week
- Prepare and send mailings.
- Document information related to the Garden (i.e. plants used in the garden and the green house area, including an inventory).
- Update a garden calendar of activities, workshops. Send information to other volunteers, stakeholders and webmaster.
- Prepare general information and provide same to the webmaster.
- Coordinate signage that would be produced for special projects and programs.
NOTE: The amount of activity in this position will grow as the Garden and its programs continue to grow. Eventually we hope to fund this position through Grants and make it a paid position. Internet, computer and printer are onsite in the Resource Center.
To volunteer for Greeter or Clerical Work, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org